Grades Pre K – 5. Easy-to-read content for elementary school learners. Hundreds of activities, science projects, and experiments.
TumbleBook Library offers eBooks, read-alongs, videos, audiobooks, and games that help pre-school and K-3 level children learn all while discovering the joys of reading. This resource is available in three languages: English, Spanish, and French. There is also a mobile app available. Use your library card number and pin to access this resource.
Nonfiction content geared for K-12 students. Includes over 132,000 encyclopedia articles, 103,000 images, 7,500 multimedia elements, more than 27,000 eBooks, and novels, and essays. Tools include translation for 50+ languages and read-aloud functionality. Includes Lexile ranges and alignment with Michigan Department of Education Academic Standards across a variety of subjects.
This innovative language solution for libraries helps patrons engage with confidence in multilingual settings close to home and in locations abroad. Choose learning paths in more than 28 languages. Note: Access is provided through the website.
Want to use Rosetta Stone App through the Portage District Library?
Follow these steps to access the Rosetta Stone Library Solution:
1. Open your App Store.
2. Search for ‘Rosetta Stone.’
3. Download the Rosetta Stone application. (Specifically, the ‘Rosetta Stone: Learn, Practice, and Speak Languages’ application from Rosetta Stone Ltd.)
4. DO NOT launch the app once installed.
5. Next, open your web browser.
6. Navigate to our Databases page and click on the Rosetta Stone link. (You may have to do this each time you access Rosetta Stone.)
7. Once routed to the log-in screen, enter your email, password & language you desire to learn.
8. Click ‘Sign In’ to enter the program.
9. Once in the Language Learning Suite, click the top link ‘Launch Rosetta Stone Foundations’.
10. After a moment, you will be prompted to open the application or the app will open.
Find just the right book by subject, age, awards won, books made into movies, and much more. Read reviews and learn about the author. Create your own reading wish list. Includes tools for teachers such as Lexile levels and Common Core standards.
Grades PreK – 5. Bilingual resources – visual dictionary, world of animals, encyclopedia articles, and Spanish language newspapers. Eight categories to browse: arts, history and government, people, places, plants and animals, science and mathematics, sports and hobbies, and world religions. The visual dictionary includes thousands of images and more than 12,000 labels. Save, print, or email content. Michigan residents or Michigan library access only.
Grades PreK-5. Follow Trek and Taffy the cat around the world learning about colors, numbers and other fun things. Strengthen reading foundations with stories, activities and videos. Explore the Know It encyclopedia designed especially for early readers. Includes materials for educators. Michigan residents or Michigan library access only.